Registration for Learn-to-Skate, SS1, SS2, SS3 and Competitive Skating is now open!
Did you know… if you have 3 children in speed skating, you get 50% off the third child’s registration!
STEP 1: REGISTER ONLINE
- Athletes, coaches, and volunteers can all register through the Speed Skate Canada (SSC) Platform. All skaters must be registered before getting on the ice.
- When registering skaters aged 10 and under, please choose Club Athlete. Skaters aged 10 and up, please choose Territorial Athlete.
- Please note there are FIVE different waivers – if you feel like you are doing the same thing over and over again, please just keep going.
- Payments are not made through this platform. Please click Submit & Complete. Forward payments directly to YKSSC.
STEP 2: PAYMENT
After registering, you will need to forward payment directly to YKSSC.
Speed Skate Canada (SSC) charges a Membership Fee, which ensures that all skaters are insured. Club Athlete (under 10) is $10/skater. Territorial Athlete (10 and up) is $47/skater. Coaches and officials are $8/each.
2023-24 Total Registration Fees, including SSC Membership Fees
Due to the City of Yellowknife labour dispute, the 2022-2023 season was cut short; therefore, impacted families that are registering in 2023-2024 will receive a rebate. The total program fees below (both full and with rebate) include the SSC Membership Fee.
- LTS (one day): Full $185.61 With Rebate $140.61
- SS1 (one day): Full $185.61 With Rebate $140.61
- LTS & SS1 (both days): Full $361.22 With Rebate $316.22
- SS2: Full $445.19 With Rebate $335.19
- SS3: Full $542.19 With Rebate $407.19
- Competitive: Full $928.70 With Rebate $718.70
For a breakdown of the program fees, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment can be made one of two ways:
- E-transfer the funds to email@example.com. Please use the password “yellowknife” in your transfer and please include the skaters name and program you registered for in the message.
- Cheque payable to Yellowknife Speed Skating Club.
- You can mail the cheque: Box 2664, Yellowknife, NT, X1A 2P9
- You can email the registrar to make arrangements for hand-off firstname.lastname@example.org
For registration questions, please contact Jana at email@example.com.
Registration closes October 31, 2023 for all programs. If you decide to cancel registration for your skater, you will be refunded the registration fee amount, minus an administration fee of $50. Cancellations after October 31, 2023 will not receive a refund.