Speed Skate 2
A program for those approximately 7-12 years. Coaches emphasize positioning, crossovers, balance and agility.
Cost: $270 for the year, 2.25 hours/week
Ice Times:(Ed Jeske Arena)
Thursdays 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Sundays 12:30 – 1:45pm (1:00 – 2:15 pm Sept 25th only)
- Helmet, CSA-approved or ASTM F 1849 certified (no bicycle helmets)
- Knee pads (not hard style)
- Shin pads
- Bib-style neck guard
- Leather/cut-resistant gloves/mitts
- Shatter-resistant safety glasses with safety straps (prescription eyeglasses do not require additional safety glasses but do require a safety strap)
- Appropriate athletic clothing
- Cut-resistant ankle protection
- Speed skates – recommended
As speed skates are recommended at this level of skating, the YKSSC has rental skates in a variety of sizes for those skaters that do not have their own.
Our Skate Rental Coordinator will be available at assigned times for you to try on skates and sign up for a rental pair. A rental fee of $125 is charged for use of the skates throughout the skating season. Please see the Club’s Skate Rental Policy for more information.*Safety glasses can be purchased at Pioneer Supply House or Overlander Sports in Yellowknife.