Registration for 2021-22 season for LTS, SS1, SS2, SS3 and Competitive is open!
Did you know… if you have 3 children in speed skating, you get 50% off the third child’s registration. Contact us to figure out the cost of this savings!
Step 1 – Register
Athletes, coaches, and volunteers can all register through the Speed Skate Canada (SSC) Platform. All skaters must be registered before getting on the ice. Registration closes October 31 for the season.
Step 2 – Payment
After registering, you will need to forward payment directly to YKSSC. This includes:
- YKSSC Program Fee (5% increase from 2020-21 to cover the 5% increase in ice time costs)
- SSC Processing Fee (2% of the Program Fee)
- GST (5% on the Processing Fee)
- SSC Membership Fee ($8 for LTS/SS1 and $45 for SS2 and up)
The amount shown below is the TOTAL you will remit to YKSSC:
- LTS and SS1 Saturday OR Sunday: $156 + fees = $167.28
- LTS and SS1 Saturday AND Sunday = $312 + fees = $326.56
- SSII: $353 + fees = $405.41
- SSIII: $440 + fees = $494.24
- Competitive: $765 + fees = $826.07
Payment can be made one of two ways:
- E-transfer the funds to email@example.com. Please use the password “Yellowknife” in your transfer and please include the skaters name and program you registered for in the message.
- Cheque payable to Yellowknife Speed Skating Club.
- You can mail the cheque: Box 2664, Yellowknife, NT, X1A 2P9
- You can email the registrar to make arrangements for hand-off firstname.lastname@example.org
For registration questions, please contact Jana at email@example.com.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations are accepted until October 31, 2021. If you decide to cancel registration for your skater, you will be refunded the registration fee amount, minus an administration fee of $50. Cancellations after October 31, 2021 will not receive a refund.