NEW Senior Family
The YKSSC is now offering a trial adult learn to speed skate program aimed at adults that have some skill on the ice already and who are interested in fitness and fun! The program runs September through April (with the options of half year) on Sundays 4:15 – 5:00pm. Contact our Club for more information.
The program runs from September through to April, with an option of signing up for a half year program September – December or January – April.Start date is September 25th.
Coach: Jill Vaydik
Cost: $75 for the half year and $120 for the full year (.75 hours / week)
Ice Times: (Ed Jeske Arena)
Sundays 4:15 – 5pm (4:45 – 5:30 pm Sept 25th only)
- speed skates
- Helmet, CSA-approved or ASTM F 1849 certified (no bicycle helmets)
- Knee pads (not hard style)
- Shin pads
- Bib-style neck guard
- Leather/cut-resistant gloves
- *Shatter-resistant safety glasses with safety straps (prescription eyeglasses do not require additional safety glasses but do require a safety strap)
- Cut-resistant ankle protection
- Skin suit – recommended or appropriate athletic clothing
- Cut-resistant under suit or skin suit – recommended
The YKSSC has rental skates in limited adult sizes for those that do not have their own.
Our Skate Rental Coordinator will be available at assigned times for you to try on skates and sign up for a rental pair. A rental fee of $125 is charged for use of the skates throughout the skating season. Please see the Club’s Skate Rental Policy for more information.