For older skaters with increased skill level and commitment who are interested in fitness training and preparation for competitions in the north, Arctic Winter Games and beyond.
Coach: Kerry Egan with help from Michael Gilday, David Gilday, Sean MacGillivray, Cynthia Simmons and Al Bowerman
Cost: $728 for the year (5 hours/week)
- Helmet, CSA-approved or ASTM F 1849 certified (no bicycle helmets)
- Knee pads
- Shin pads
- Bib-style neck guard
- Leather/cut-resistant gloves
- Shatter-resistant non-tinted safety glasses with safety straps (prescription eyeglasses do not require additional safety glasses but do require a safety strap)*
- Skin suit – recommended or appropriate athletic clothing
- Cut-resistant under suit or skin suit
- Cut-resistant ankle protection
A video on sharpening skates can be viewed at
*Safety glasses can be purchased at Overland Sports in Yellowknife.