Here are the results from 2018 NWT Champs.
March 2017 Results
February 2016 Results
Registration for 2019 Champs will open February 2019. Stay tuned for details!
2018 Champs Registration Information
- Deadline to register is February 27, 2018.
- You can fill out the registration form on your computer and sign it electronically, OR print it, fill it out on paper and either scan/email it in or submit a hard copy. So many options!
- Submit registration forms to Myra Bowerman or Jody Pellissey in person or by email at email@example.com
- Rockets Free, all other divisions $45.
- Payments can be made via:
- Cheque (made to Yellowknife Speed Skating Club)
- EMT to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the password “yellowknife” and indicate the skater’s name in the comments.
- Skaters will be ranked based on seed times, and groups will be selected based on these seed time rankings. This is a modified ability meet, meaning that skaters will race against boys and girls with similar seed times to their own.
- Rockets: ASTM F 1849 certified helmets or CSA approved helmets (those used for hockey, snowboard/ski and skateboarding only), cut resistant gloves or mitts and knee pads.
- Fundamentals: ASTM F 1849 certified helmets or CSA approved helmets (those used for hockey, snowboard/ski and skateboarding only), safety glasses with strap, bib-style neck guard, cut resistant gloves or mitts, knee pads, shin pads.
- All other skaters must wear the following protective equipment: ASTM F 1849 approved helmet, safety glasses with strap, bib-style neck guard, cut resistant gloves or mitts, knee pads, shin pads.
- Skaters T2T and older must wear a cut-resistant undersuit or cut-resistant skin suit.
- Medals will be awarded after the completion of competition for each group.
Schedule – Tentative – may change slightly. Clubs will be notified.
- Practice Ice for Out of Town Clubs: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Coaches Meeting: 7:00pm PSAV room, Multiplex.
- 7:00AM Set-up
- 7:30AM Registration
- 8:00AM On-ice warm–ups begin.
Volunteers – we need your help!
- Many officials and helpers are needed to put on this fun event. Please contact Martin Rourke at email@example.com if you can volunteer as an official or meet helper. Positions include: timers, place judges, lap counters, runners, clerks of course, on-ice track stewards.
- We need volunteers to help feed our meet volunteers! If you are able to make something, please contact Jody directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 445-4774 and tell her what you can bring.