The NWTSSA hosted this annual territorial-wide meet for NWT Clubs on March 8-10, 2019. This ability meet included all ages and abilities of skaters. Registration will open in February 2019.
Deadline to register is February 25, 2019.
2. Download the registration form on your computer and sign it electronically, or print it, fill it out on paper and either scan/email it in or submit a hard copy. Submit registration forms to Myra Bowerman or Jody Pellissey in person or by email at email@example.com
- Rockets Free, all other divisions $45.
- Payments can be made via:
- Cheque (made to Yellowknife Speed Skating Club)
- EMT to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the password “yellowknife” and indicate the skater’s name in the comments.
- Skaters will be ranked based on seed times, and groups will be selected based on these seed time rankings. This is a modified ability meet, meaning that skaters will race against boys and girls with similar seed times to their own.
- Rockets: ASTM F 1849 certified helmets or CSA approved helmets (those used for hockey, snowboard/ski and skateboarding only), cut resistant gloves or mitts and knee pads.
- Fundamentals: ASTM F 1849 certified helmets or CSA approved helmets (those used for hockey, snowboard/ski and skateboarding only), safety glasses with strap, bib-style neck guard, cut resistant gloves or mitts, knee pads, shin pads.
- All other skaters must wear the following protective equipment: ASTM F 1849 approved helmet, safety glasses with strap, bib-style neck guard, cut resistant gloves or mitts, knee pads, shin pads.
- Note: tinted glasses will NOT be allowed on the ice for this meet.
- Skaters T2T and older must wear a cut-resistant undersuit or cut-resistant skin suit.
- Medals will be awarded after the completion of competition for each group.
Tentative – may change slightly. Clubs will be notified.
- Practice Ice for Out of Town Clubs: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Coaches Meeting: 7:00pm PSAV room, Multiplex.
- 7:00AM Set-up
- 7:30AM Registration
- 8:00AM On-ice warm–ups begin.
Volunteers – we need your help!
- Many officials and helpers are needed to put on this fun event. Please contact Martin Rourke at email@example.com if you can volunteer as an official or meet helper. Positions include: timers, place judges, lap counters, runners, clerks of course, on-ice track stewards.
- We need volunteers to help feed our meet volunteers! If you are able to make something, please contact Jody directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 445-4774 and tell her what you can bring.
March 2019 Results
March 2018 Results
March 2017 Results
February 2016 Results